Wednesday, September 29, 2004

hmm...

I know I'm supposed to be doing my history homework, and washing the dishes...but I want to do something else. Like what? I have no idea. I had fun today at Say Si, although I didn't get much done. Well, I kinda did...
And I wrote this story. It's really short and pretty much goes nowhere. Here it goes... and please post with ideas because I don't know what to do with it. :P

As Carly waits, she turns to the bulletin board in the hall. There, she mindlessly writes a poem, with those small words on magnets that she loves but never really pays attention to. She grabs the word "want" and thinks for a second before placing the rest of the sentence. Now it reads, "want faithful tongue and luscious summer beauty." She searches, her eyes darting back and forth to the words on paper glued to strips of magnet. "Where's the 'I' ?" she asks herself, frustrated. She is listening to Bjork, her tortured voice gently singing, "I love him, I love him, I love him, I love him." A car honks outside.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger erick said...

i like your story, carly. it doesn't go anywhere, but it doesn't matter. all the words are so pretty. it reminds me of a windchime.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger carlygarza said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home