Monday, January 17, 2005

Okay, I know you guys have seen this before, but I am reminding myself to print out this story. It is a pretty lovely vignette, though, so it probably wouldn't hurt if you read it again.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

rain, rain!
Today is a rainy day. It feels really good as long as I have an umbrella. Today I really just want to walk around town in the rain with nobody but my backpack and umbrella-my best friends today. It rained all night, but not hard, just steadily. That’s what makes it one of those good rainy days- it’s not raining too hard, which usually happens in San Antonio. I want to stroll around in neighborhoods and watch people through their windows, cooking, eating, watching television, watching the rain. There are cats in windows looking out at birds and water, old ladies on rocking chairs, and people looking at the clouds wishing for love. Teenagers reading books and writing in journals, making music in their garage, painting, their own little world. Those people are me. They are the whole world, they are what I am and wish to be, will be. Names and arms, hair, shoes, clothing. Love, from friends and family- fresh fruit and cheese, Greek salad and hummus. A creative genius in the collective souls, hopes, dreams, and music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home